Wordle

Wordle: Positive social changes in Early Childhood

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Final Farewell



Dear Colleagues and professors,

I am so happy I chose Walden University as the school to achieve a Master’s degree in Early Childhood Studies. I have had a wonderful learning experience. I have learned so much from the readings and videos, but mostly from sharing and analyzing the writings from my fellow students. I never thought an online program could be as challenging and transformational. The learnings I am taking with me because they have changed me to the core are as follows:

  1. The concept of childhood is ever changing and tied to our context as a society. We can choose to view children in a positive light and see their imaginable potential.
  2. Learning is a two-way process with internal and external components interacting to create knowledge. We can’t expect to provide information without the individual interpreting and assimilating this information. This is true for children and adults.
  3. Wisdom is a complex idea, but it is not having a lot of knowledge, but more about accepting the ambiguity of concepts. One it is recognized as wise by others and one achieves wisdom through having an open-mind.

My long-term goal is to make an impact in EC. Whether that is through trainings of others, publishing a book/article/research, or advocating to change policy, I know I want to be known as someone who inspired others in EC.

To my colleagues, I cannot express my gratitude in words. I will forever remember your positive and constructive feedback. I will not forget how amazing it was to feel the invisible, yet present network of support we developed through the courses
.
To my professors, thank you for providing the guidance I needed to improve my writing and knowledge. I know APA took the best from me at times, but I think I survived to be a stronger writer and professional.

To Dr. Teri, I appreciate the time you took to answer my questions, even the silly ones! I could not have finish this Capstone without some of the guidance, and I am really grateful.

Warmest Regards,
Angie
       
Thanks to all of you!!!

 P.S. These are the pictures of my own Family Child Care: 
Brilliant Futures DayCare and Afterschool Program. Opening September 2013!!!




8 comments:

  1. Angie,
    I have missed you! I join you in the happy dance that I'm sure you are doing! This has been an amazing journey and I consider you one of the most inspiring people I've never met. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like a trip to Florida is financially feasible for my family so I may not be meeting any of you in the near future. Having come to know you a bit, I am confident I will see your name again having done something to positively impact this field and the children and families you touch through your work. Thank you for your amazing feedback and for the richness of your work that often gave me food for thought. I wish you all the very best! God Bless!
    Tammra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, one more thing...
      Can I use your site photos in my quality training as an example? They make me want to jump in there and play!

      Delete
    2. Please feel free to use photos! Email me at asalas@brilliantfuturescorp.com if you want more ;)

      It was quite nice getting to know you as well Tammra. I learned a great deal from our work together. Please do stay in touch!
      -Angie

      Delete
  2. Angie,
    You have been inspiring and motivational throughout this journey. I love your long-term goals to make an impact in E.C. I too have a desire to publish a children’s book. Once I take a break from the computer and recover from my master’s journey, I may start thinking about how to reach that goal.

    Good luck in all you do. I hope to meet up with you at graduation. I am not sure if I will make the trip yet or not, but I am trying to pinch the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie,
    Your center looks awesome! It looks cozy, comfortable, inspiring, and safe. I would like to be in your center and have fun with children. I bet children will have great time with you there. I am sure you will be someone who makes a difference in Early Childhood Education. I look forward to hearing more wonderful stories and experiences from you in the future of what wonderful things you have done, and wish you all the best.

    Xiyue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie,

    The three points you have provided demonstrate how we have all taken such wonderful, important and different components from our Masters Experience. It has always been nice reading your posts, both in our discussion forum and on your blog.

    I must say that your Child Care Center looks amazing and I wish I lived near you so I could send my (future) children there! I agree with the earlier post from Tammra - I just want to jump in and play!

    You have frequently posed questions to me throughout this degree, which have asked me to take a step back and review my writing. I really appreciate that, and it has been really helpful.

    I wish you all the best on your future endeavors, and hope to see you in January.

    Regards,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie
    Congratulations on your new adventure. Your program will be a wonderful success with a center that is designed with so much creativity. I have enjoyed reading and learning about your experiences. I wish you the best of luck in the future and will follow the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Angie,

    Good luck with all of your future plans. You made it! Thank you for sharing your pictures your EC child care looks amazing! I hope I read a book you write or see you at a big convention some day.

    Josie Zbaeren

    ReplyDelete