Wordle

Wordle: Positive social changes in Early Childhood

Saturday, June 9, 2012

My Support

As I write this blog, I am counting on my strongest supporting team: My family.

I have a loving spouse whom I simply love with all of my heart. I have the most amazing daughters who are awesome, and are really great listeners. Even the baby does her part to be a team player. Right now everyone is keeping the house quiet for me to finish my school work!

I also have my extended family support... My mom and sister who have been there for me. My childhood web video on the right is a tribute to them.

My dear mom has been a rock for me. She has supported me through a divorce, being a single mom, coming out in my early twenties, and even getting married again. I could not ask for a better mother. My sister has been a best friend, a positive critic, and the one who keeps me real.


A new unexpected team of support has been Walden University. This MS program has been a lot more challenging that I expected, but the Walden team and my colleagues have been extremely supportive. We even got through learning Blackboard together!!! Yay!

I am also glad to feel connected to the field of early childhood in a greater sense. I currently belong to organizations like the NAEYC and NAFCC. This is a supportive professional field and I am proud to belong!

5 comments:

  1. It is so wonderful you have such a supporting family! I believe that early foundations of support are true and the foundations for success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an extensive support team, which is wonderful. When you think about all of the ways that each one supports your needs, at any given time, isn't it difficult to imagine living the same life without those supports? Yet people do it all of the time. This makes me count my blessings even more so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture of you and your mom and sister! I have to agree with you on this blackboard format. It's been crazy confusing and has added just another layer to completing the work for class.
    I'm glad to hear that the baby is also being compliant with getting work done. I don't think I could have attempted this when my kids were under the age of one! Congrats and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic! Family is crucial. I am so thankful for everything they help with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angie you have a very good support system it always pays to have a wonderful support system to succeed in everything that you do.

    ReplyDelete